Interested in joining Vital Tel?
Please see what jobs we have on offer below, and then e-mail your CV and covering letter (quoting the relevant reference number) to us at email@example.com
Vital Tel currently have a position available for :
VoIP and Asterisk Developer /Telecommunications Network Engineer/Manager
Vital Telcom Ltd – Based near Moorgate, London
Vital Telcom Ltd, a fast growing global Telecoms company is currently seeking an experienced VoIP (Asterisk) Telecoms Network Engineer. The candidate must be able to manage and develop Asterisk server network as part of a telecom network support team. This really is a fantastic role for a candidate with an interest in VoIP development and telecom network management experience. You will have to have excellent working experience in Asterisk – planning, development, maintenance, build, deployment, reporting and system testing etc.
The successful candidate for the VoIP Developer / Telecommunications Network Engineer role will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the technical delivery and maintenance of servers as well as enhancements or developments
- OpenSource Software Support
- Requirement gathering, functional technical designs, as well as programming and testing
- Resolve customer reported issues in a responsive and timely manner
- Excellent technical communication skills, and a desire to coachmentor and share your experience with team members
- Networks Planning & Administration
- Systems Administration & Server Support
- Take part in a 24/7 on-call support rota
The successful candidate for the role of VoIP Developer / Network Engineer must have the following skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of VoIP concepts, SIP protocol, Soft-switching & VoIP Gateways
- Good knowledge of setting up SIP(RFC2833 & SIP INFO) and IAX/IAX2 Protocols/Trunks and Signalling & Media Path manipulation
- Expert knowledge in developing and configuring, Asterisk, with MySQL
- An excellent understanding of PABX environment
- Installation and troubleshooting of Asterisk Servers using Linux/Unix OS (Centos)
- Good knowledge of Asterisk Dial Plans, maintaining and updating current dial plans using extension conference as well as extensiosn.ael, AsteriskPBX and IVR
- MySQL knowledge has to be at a very advanced level, stored procedures/triggers, replication and a strong knowledge of AGI Scripting preferably in PHP (AGI-PHP scripts are used for calling stored procedure from MSSQL server) and experience in Data Integration including OLAP.
- Good knowledge and experience of XML User Interface Language (XUL)
- Demonstrable experience of developing carrier grade solutions (tier 1 robustness, scalability & resilience) including virtualization technologies (KVM, VirtualBox)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN’s, routing & FireWall configurations.
- Good knowledge of VoIP Technologies including SIP, OpenSIP, OpenMeeting, ScopServ, VoIP Gateways, etc.
- Experience in installation and configuration PRI / E1s and Analogue cards mainly using Digium Cards
- Good knowledge of Scripting / Bash scripting
- Extensive experience in working with Linux operating systems
- Ability to lead the development projects and meet the deadlines
- Expert level troubleshooting skills in inbound and outbound call flows
- Preferably educated to a Masters level or similar
In return we offer an excellent working environment coupled with genuine opportunity for progression and growth.
* This is an immediate requirement and we are keen to progress quickly with this role. If you are interested in being considered for the VoIP and Asterisk Developer /Telecommunications Network Engineer/Manager position please submit your CV and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time